An individual planning conference involves counselors and parents in a process that assists students to plan, monitor and manage students' academic success and career development.
- Students take responsibility for their future
- Students and parents share their goals and aspirations
- Parents are more informed and involved
- Students and parents are motivated to be involved earlier in post- secondary planning
- Students apprehension about school and future goals is reduced
- A connection is developed between school, parents, and students to ensure academic success