WISCONSIN EMPLOYABLITY SKILLS CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The intent of the Wisconsin Employability Skills Certificate Program is to recognize a student's mastery of employability skills valued by employers, to help students explore career interests, and to provide a state credential of student mastery. Those interested in pursuing such a certificate will need to contact the STW Coordinator or visit https://apps5.dpi.wi.gov/CTE_SKILLS/dpi_login/dpi_login1.asp .
This program consists of the following:
- Students to document their employability skills
- Employers to assess the skills they are looking for in quality employees
- Educators to customize instruction to help learners to acquire skills that today's workplace requires.
- Reinforcing 21st Century Skills in Personal Work Habits and Attitude
- Completion of 90 on-the-job work hours
- Career Exploration and Planning
WISCONSIN YOUTH LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE
The intent of the Wisconsin Youth Leadership Certificate offered by the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) is to recognize a student's mastery and exhibition of leadership skills valued by employers, communities, and organizations. Those interested in pursuing such a certificate will need to contact the STW Coordinator or visit http://cte.dpi.wi.gov/cte_ylssindex.
This certificate consists of:
- Students to document their leadership skills and service hours
- Employers and community organizations to assess the skills necessary for success
- Educators to customize instruction and experiences help learners to acquire valuable leadership skills
- Reinforcing 21st Century Skills in the form of the 4 Cs (Collaboration, Creativity, Communication, and Critical Thinking Skills) in Leadership Skills and Attitudes
- Completion of 90 leadership or service hours