Visitors of the Fall River School District will immediately get a sense of our small district atmosphere, but will quickly find that our curricular and co-curricular offerings place us at a level that aligns with larger districts.

In addition to academic excellence, the District provides students with community-service learning projects to give back to our supportive community.

Fall River offers expansive programs for our early learners with Early Childhood opportunities and 4K and 5K kindergarten programs. We believe in starting children off right and being prepared to meet their individual needs and understanding their individual personal development. The Fall River School Board has adopted the Wisconsin Academic Standards for teaching and learning.

Fall River High School graduates are academically prepared for post-secondary education and/or receive the necessary knowledge and technical skills needed for employment in their desired field.

Setting a vision for success, the District’s established priorities keep student learning in the forefront of all decision making:

  • Improving Student Learning and Achievement

  • Building and Sustaining a Positive School Climate and Culture

  • Commitment to Students and the Community

  • Responsible Budgeting/Operations

  • Increasing Student Enrollment

What is open enrollment?
Wisconsin’s open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live.

Who may participate?
Students in 5-year-old kindergarten to Grade 12 may apply to participate in open enrollment. Children entering 4-year-old kindergarten, or early childhood education may participate if the child’s resident school district offers the same type of program.

Can nonresidents pick the school they wish to attend?
A nonresident application does not guarantee admission in in the district. All applications are thoroughly reviewed and decisions are communicated by June each year.

Who determines if a nonresident request or an in-district transfer request is granted or not?
Enrollment decisions are made by the principals in collaboration with the district administrator. Together they determine the number of students admitted to a school or program, using established guidelines of residency, space available, siblings, special needs, daycare, or other compelling educational reasons. Each request is judged on merit. The placements are unique and non-precedent setting.

How and when may parents apply for open enrollment?
Parents are strongly encouraged to apply online during the open enrollment period at Once that date has passed, parents/guardians have the choice of the alternative open enrollment application.

If a parent chooses not to apply online, paper application forms are available from any school district or from the Department of Public Instruction. Parents must submit paper application forms directly to the school district they wish their child to attend.

Alternative Open Enrollment Application
There are several circumstances under which parents may submit an alternative open enrollment application for their child to apply for open enrollment outside the regular application period. Information regarding the alternative application procedure may be found at The application form PI-9421 must be submitted to the school district the student wishes to attend.

May a student who moves out of the Fall River School District during the school year continue attending FRSD?
Under certain circumstances, state law permits a student to attend school in a school district even after he/she moves out of the school district. In order for a student to continue attending school in Fall River for the remainder of a school year already begun, parents must submit a Tuition Waiver for to the Fall River School District either shortly before or as soon as possible after the move. Tuition waivers are for only one year – in order for a student to attend the district after that, parents must apply for open enrollment the very next February after the move or complete an alternative application.

Whom should I contact for more information?
Visit the Department of Public Instruction’s open enrollment website at

Call the Fall River School District at (920) 484-3333 or stop in at 150 Bradley Street, Fall River, WI 53932 to obtain paperwork.